Connect with us

Hua Hin

TAT criticises operators of suspended Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry

The Thaiger

Published

on

TAT criticises operators of suspended Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry | The Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is criticising the operator of the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service over the suspension of boat trips on the grounds that it is low season and too few passengers.

The Prachuap Khiri Khan Harbour Office announced this morning that the Royal Passenger Line would suspend the service from September 20 to October 31 and would resume services on November 1.

However, Orasa Avudhkhom, director of the Prachuap Khiri Khan Office of TAT, says that the low season should not be a reason for suspending services. She said boat services should only be suspended if the sea was too rough or weather conditions were hazardous.

She said the suspension of services will affect tourism in Hua Hin. The ferry route concessionaire should have used marketing campaigns during the low season to attract business, instead of suspending the services, she said.

TAT criticises operators of suspended Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry | News by The Thaiger



Read more headlines, reports & breaking news in Hua Hin. Or catch up on your Thailand news.

If you have story ideas, a restaurant to review, an event to cover or an issue to discuss, contact The Thaiger editorial staff.

Hua Hin

Drivers of fatal migrant truck arrested in Phattalung

The Thaiger

Published

on

Drivers of fatal migrant truck arrested in Phattalung | The Thaiger

by Thanyawee Chansuksri. PHOTO: Chaiwat Satyaem

Two brothers from Phatthalung have been arrested in their province over their alleged role in the pickup-truck crash in Prachuap Khiri Khan on November 30. The incident led to two deaths and 12 injuries of illegal Burmese migrant workers.

Suspects, 29 year old Anurak Khongdaeng and 27 year old Sompong Khongdaeng, for whom the Prachuap Khiri Khan Court had issued arrest warrants for aiding illegal migrants to avoid arrest, were taken into custody in Tambon Tha Khae, in Mueang Phatthalung, where they had fled to after the night crash last Friday.

The brothers also had reportedly stopped in the Khuan Khanun district to clean up their getaway pickup  in an attempt to avoid police detection and destroy evidence.

Their vehicle was one of two pickups used to transport 26 Burmese, who had trekked through the Tanaosri mountain-range forest and crossed a natural border into Thailand, heading to a labour market in Malaysia.

Continue Reading

Hua Hin

Two year battle for hospital compensation

The Thaiger

Published

on

Two year battle for hospital compensation | The Thaiger

Thai media 77jowo is reporting that the Hua Hin Hospital and the Department of Public Health have agreed to return more than 20,000 baht to a man from the Netherlands who claims he was ripped off by the hospital because he was a foreigner.

Back in September 2016 a man, Erwin Buse, complained to the government watchdog Damrongtham in Prajuap Khiri Khan that he had been obliged to pay 300 baht for each visit to the hospital and an unexplained 858 baht “admission fee”. The man, a former engineer, was suffering from prostate cancer at the time.

He claims that he was ripped off because he was a foreigner. By that time he had already been in Thailand ten years and had a Thai wife.

But he says justice was slow in coming. He recounted that visits to the hospital were painful round trips of 200 kilometers on a motorcycle. He says the hospital kept on coming up with excuses not to pay him.

But 77Jowo reported good news for Mr Buse on a recent visit to the Prajuap Damrongtham office. He was told by the office that he would be receiving 20,000 baht from the Hua Hin Hospital and the Department of Public Health by the end of this month. The fight has been dragging on for two years.

Thai media is reporting that Mr Buse now suffers from intestinal cancer, has no job and looks after goats. His Thai wife runs a salon in Makham Khong, Koh Lak, they said.

SOURCE: 77Jowo

Continue Reading

Hua Hin

400,000 baht Hua Hin shark net comes loose again

The Thaiger

Published

on

400,000 baht Hua Hin shark net comes loose again | The Thaiger

Talknewsonline is reporting that the shark net installed along Sai Noi Beach in Hua Hin has come loose for the second time and floated ashore.

The net was installed back in September after a Norwegian tourist Werner Danielsen was bitten by an alleged shark while swimming at the beach last April.

Official visited the beach yesterday after a local hotel manager called to say the net had come loose from its anchoring buoys in heavy seas. Officials confirmed that it was the second time the net had become detached but that it would be fixed by next week.

The net was installed at a cost of 400,000 baht after much debate following the attack by what was thought to be a bull shark. Mr Danielsen, who has a Thai wife and visits Thailand each year, needed expensive treatment in two hospitals and racked up bills of a reported 300,000 baht during his recovery.

Read more about that incident HERE.

SOURCE: Talknewsonline

Continue Reading
Hua Hin Weather
December 13, 2018, 7:36 am
24.0
°C
Temperature
78
%
Humidity
13
km/h
Wind from North
0.0
mm
Rainfall
20
%
Cloud Cover

The Thaiger Newsletter

Keep up with all the day’s news. Subscribe here.

The latest news and information from Thailand.

* indicates required



Trending