Quick-thinking resident saves child from fatality in Chon Buri

A quick-thinking resident saved a three year old from a fatal injury after the boy electrocuted himself touching an electrified metal chain on a beach in the Sattahip district of Chon Buri.

The child wandered away from his mother on Bang Saray Beach at about 8pm on Tuesday, August 30, to investigate a propeller memorial on the beachside that was fenced off with metal chains.

The boy reached out and touched the metal chain and suffered a severe electric shock. He screamed out in pain. Fortunately, a man was nearby and managed to pull the child off the chain before he suffered any serious injury. The man said he felt a shock as he grabbed the boy.

Quick-thinking resident saves child from fatality in Chon Buri | News by Thaiger

The boy’s mother, 22 year old Pornchita Sawang-rom, told reporters that her son suffered a burn to the palm of his hand and is still recovering in hospital.

Reporters investigating the scene discovered an exposed wire wrapped in tatty duct tape connected to a metal fence that could cause an electric shock to anyone who touched it, especially when it rains.

The acting municipal director of Bangsaray subdistrict, Peng Buahom, apologised for the accident.

He said…

“We will cover the three-year-old’s medical expenses and direct the city workers to fix the wire.”

SOURCE: Naewna Pattaya News

Pattaya News

Bob Scott

Bob Scott is an experienced writer and editor with a passion for travel. Born and raised in Newcastle, England, he spent more than 10 years in Asia. He worked as a sports writer in the north of England and London before relocating to Asia. Now he resides in Bangkok, Thailand, where he is the Editor-in-Chief for The Thaiger English News. With a vast amount of experience from living and writing abroad, Bob Scott is an expert on all things related to Asian culture and lifestyle.

Related Articles