Australian woman saves 3 lives in Krabi tour company fire

Photo Via The Pattaya News

An Australian tourist has been hailed as a hero after saving three lives in Thailand by alerting local firefighters and rescue workers to a fire. The blaze broke out at a residential home in Mueang Krabi, which had a tour company at the front of the building. The woman’s quick thinking enabled three people who were asleep inside the house to escape unharmed.

Kim, a 65 year old Australian national, was walking back to her accommodation after dining at a nearby restaurant when she noticed the fire. She immediately sought help from the restaurant staff, who broke the glass door of the tour company and home to alert the people inside.

Rescue workers confirmed that the three individuals inside, whose identities were not disclosed, were sleeping during the fire. If not for the prompt actions of Kim and the restaurant staff, their lives could have been in danger.

An electric short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire, but investigations are still ongoing.

A couple of days ago, a 75 year old woman was saved from a burning building in Pattaya. Firefighters used a ladder to rescue her from her second-floor room amidst thick smoke and fire. The woman suffered no injuries.

KrabiThailand News

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.


Top is a multifaceted writer with a keen interest in real estate and travel. Having led a career in real estate for 10 years, he strives to provide readers with valuable information on navigating Thailand's real estate landscape. Also a travel buff, Top covers a wide range of topics, from off-the-beaten-path adventures to luxurious getaways in Thailand.