7 new Covid-19 cases have been detected in quarantine from those people entering Thailand via Suvarnabhumi Airport, plus 1 patient who appears to have contracted the virus for a second time. The cases come from Hungry, India, Kuwait, the Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates and the US, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration.
Thailand now has a total of 3,622 reported Covid-19 cases with 59 deaths and 3,439 recoveries. The CCSA says 48 patients have been discharged over the past 24 hours and 124 Covid-19 patients are currently being treated at Thailand hospitals.
- A 45 year old Kuwaiti woman travelling from Kuwait tested positive for Covid-19, apparently catching the virus for a second time. The woman first contracted Covid-19 in July. On Monday, she tested positive for the virus again when she arrived to Thailand. She was asymptomatic and taken to a private hospital in Bangkok.
- 2 Thai nationals travelling from Hungry tested positive for Covid-19. The 52 year old man and 45 year old woman arrived to Thailand on October 1 and tested positive around 4 to 5 days after they arrived. The man and woman were asymptomatic, but went to Nong Yai and Bang Lamung hospitals in Chon Buri for treatment.
- A 25 year old Thai woman travelling from India tested positive for Covid-19 and was on the same flight as 7 other previously confirmed coronavirus cases. She returned to Thailand on September 25 and tested positive 11 days later. She had a cough and was admitted to Lerdsin Hospital in Bangkok.
- A 34 year old Thai woman travelling from the Netherlands tested positive for Covid-19. She arrived to Thailand on October 1 and tested positive 4 days later. She was sent to the Bang Lamung Hospital in Chon Buri for treatment.
- A 23 year old Thai woman travelling from the UAE tested positive for Covid-19 and was on the same flight as 3 other previously confirmed cases. She arrived on September 25 and tested positive 11 days later. She was asymptomatic and taken to the Nong Yai Hospital in Chon Buri for treatment.
- A 61 year old American man travelling from the United States tested positive for Covid-19. He arrived on September 19 and tested positive 12 days later. He was asymptomatic and was sent to a private hospital in Bangkok for treatment.
SOURCE: Bangkok Post
Catch up with the latest daily “Thailand News Today” here on The Thaiger.
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.