Phuket experienced a record high of 5 new Covid-19 deaths yesterday as well as 2 new Sandbox infections, while the statistics show a big drop from yesterday’s figures in both occupied hospital beds and total available hospital beds, suggesting a restructuring of how the beds are counted or where patients are located.
15 deaths have occurred in Phuket in the past week and 28 of the total 48 deaths since the beginning of the 3rd wave of Covid-19 have happened just during this month. Two of the deaths were fully vaccinated, one with Sinovac and just 38 years old and one with AstraZeneca. Details of the 5:
- Female, 74, no known congenital disease, vaccination history unknown, was a high-risk contact with an infected person
- Female, 67, suffered high blood pressure and abnormal blood lipids, heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes, vaccinated with two injections of AstraZeneca, was a high-risk contact with an infected person
- Male, 89, no known congenital disease, vaccination history unknown
- Female, 85, no known congenital disease, vaccination history unknown, lived in a high-risk area for infections
- Male, 38, suffered high blood pressure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, vaccinated with two injections of Sinovac
The number of green patients in care fell by over 300, explaining the drop of nearly 400 hospitalised patients, with those mildly affected patients perhaps moving to community isolation centres and not being counted anymore, though the total number of hospital beds in Phuket fell by the same amount, suggesting the change was more of a restructuring of how figures are totalled.
Breakdowns of Phuket data from the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office report late last night, all collected since the start of the third wave of Covid-19 on April 3, are included below by the numbers.
|TIME||DESCRIPTION||TODAY||CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY|
|DAILY||Total new domestic daily cases||236||-8|
|WEEKLY||Total new cases in a rolling tally of the last 7 days||1,671||+25|
|TOTAL||Total Covid-19 cases in Phuket since April 3 (not including the demographics listed below)||8,062||+236|
|DEATHS||Total number of deaths in Phuket from Covid-19 since April 3||48||+5|
ANTIGEN TEST KITS
People test with antigen test kits when they are at risk, but the results are not considered 100% conclusive. If someone tests positive, they will undergo an RT-PCR test to confirm the result. The case will only be added to the official numbers after that RT-PCR test is returned positive. Those in Phuket with a positive result from an ATK are moved to a Covid-19 Care Centre for safety as they await the results of an RT-PCR test.
|DESCRIPTION||TODAY||CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY|
|People testing positive with ATKs, unconfirmed until tested with RT-PCR tests||0||-1|
|People in Covid-19 Care Centres in Phuket||1,177||-1|
HOSPITALS & SUPERVISION
- 3,621: People currently under medical care or supervision for Covid-19 in Phuket, up 72 from yesterday
- 4,595: Total number of people released from medical care, up 161 from yesterday
|HOSPITAL BEDS |
|DESCRIPTION||TODAY||CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY|
|Total hospital beds in Phuket||2,162||-380|
|Occupied hospital beds||21,885||-381|
|Available hospital beds||277||+1|
|Hospital bed occupancy rate||87.19%||-1.95%|
|CONDITION OF HOSPITALISED PATIENTS |
|DESIGNATION||DESCRIPTION||TODAY||CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY|
|RED PATIENTS||severe Covid-19 infections||35||0|
|YELLOW PATIENTS||moderate Covid-19 infections||341||0|
|GREEN PATIENTS||mild Covid-19 symptoms||401||-310|
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 INFECTIONS IN PHUKET
The official totals announced each day do not include several demographics:
- 95: Phuket Sandbox travellers who tested positive for Covid-19 sometime after landing in Phuket, unchanged from yesterday
- 42: Phuket natives infected in other provinces but moved for treatment under the “Bring Phuket People Home” programme, unchanged from yesterday
- 23: Travellers returning home from other countries and found to be infected, unchanged from yesterday
- 10: people in Phuket who were infected in other provinces, unchanged from yesterday
DAILY CASES THIS MONTH
COVID-19 INFECTIONS BY PHUKET REGION
Updates have not been including regional data for Covid-19 by Phuket district as frequently, so this is the latest information as of September 14. The data will be updated any time the PPHO releases more information.
| || || |
SOURCE: The Phuket News
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.