Pattaya

Thai man electrocuted whilst laying on his bed in Pattaya

PHOTO: Thai Rath

A man has died in Nong Prue, the suburbs behind Pattaya city, as a result of being electrocuted whilst his phone was charging next to his bed.

Relatives believe the incident happened early sometime on Sunday. Police were called to an address in Soi 15, Thing Klom – Tan Man, Nong Prue on Sunday evening.

21 year old Aron Yohyoei was found laying on his bed with burns to his face and arm. Police estimate he had been dead for six hours. Next to the body his phone was charging and plugged into a GPO next to the bed. Police believe that the man was electrocuted because of a fault in the cable or phone and that there was no foul play evident when they checked his room.

Relatives contacted police on Sunday evening because they wondered why Aron had been so quiet. They broke down the door of his room after climbing up and peering through a small vent and he didn’t respond to their calling out. The brand of the phone was not specified in the report.

SOURCE: Thai Rath | ThaiVisa

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Thaiger

If you have story ideas, a restaurant to review, an event to cover or an issue to discuss, contact The Thaiger editorial staff.

Leave a Reply