electrocution

  • Thailand News

    Shocking crime: Man electrocutes father to death with fan wire

    The Thai authorities apprehended a man suspected of electrocuting his father using a fan’s electrical wire, leading to the 88 year old’s death at their home. The suspect, who faces potential capital punishment, denies the charges amid financial motives and previous family conflicts. The incident occurred around 11pm yesterday. The authorities questioned close relatives, including the deceased’s wife, to uncover…

  • Thailand News

    Worker fatally electrocuted outside Bangkok mall, others injured

    Tragedy struck yesterday when a worker was fatally electrocuted in front of a well-known shopping mall in the Bang Kapi area of Bangkok. In a horrific turn of events, one person lost their life while two others were revived with CPR, and several more suffered injuries. The incident occurred as a tree relocation vehicle entangled with high-voltage power lines. Police…

  • Thailand News

    LA orthodontist’s narrow escape from electrocution in Thailand

    When a Los Angeles-based orthodontist‘s dream Thai vacation took a horrifying turn, it shocked social media with her Instagram and TikTok followers expressing their concern and support. Dr Cara Hodgson, boasting a considerable online following of 25,500 on Instagram and 97,000 on TikTok, usually shares glimpses of her jet-setting lifestyle and dental tips. However, her recent revelation about a life-threatening…

  • Thailand News

    Four Thai teens drown after electrocution in public pond

    A tragic incident unfolded in Ubon Ratchathani, where four teenagers drowned after being electrocuted in a public pond. The event happened near a ruined temple, where an electrical fault had caused a live current to pass into the water. The deputy investigation officer of Nam Yuen Police Station in Ubon Ratchathani was informed today, December 12, of the fatal accident…

  • Thailand News

    Two wild elephants electrocuted by durian orchard owner’s fence in Thailand

    Two wild elephants, roughly aged between 20 and 25 and 30 and 35 years, met a tragic end due to electrocution in Surat Thani province. The elephants fell victim to an electric fence positioned by a local durian orchard farmer in Tai Rom Yen National Park located within Kanchanadit, a district in southern Thailand. The incident occurred on October 12,…

  • Bangkok News

    Shocking telephone junction box theft attempt turns deadly for Thai men

    Two Thai men who attempted to steal a telephone junction box this morning met a tragic end due to a fatal electric shock. Their lifeless bodies were discovered at 6am today beside their Isuzu pickup truck in Soi Suksawat 62, Bang Mot, Thung Khru, Bangkok. The individuals have been identified as 44 year old Somchok and 63 year old Kamphon.…

  • Pattaya News

    Pattaya bar worker severely electrocuted by faulty light pole

    A terrifying incident occurred in Pattaya early this morning when a 25 year old female bar worker received a severe electric shock from a light pole. The potentially life-threatening situation unfolded on Third Road in South Pattaya, in front of a fitness centre. It was roughly around 5.30am today when the emergency responders rushed to the scene. Upon their arrival,…

  • Thailand News

    Thief’s shocking end: Young Thai man electrocuted in foiled heist

    A 24 year old Thai man was found dead after being electrocuted during an attempted theft in Nong Khai’s Pho Chai district. Police Captain Sittisat Moolmanas, Police Lieutenant Yutthana Ngamchad, a doctor from Nong Khai Hospital, and the Chaba 191 rescue team, were dispatched to the scene on Monday, September 4. Aphitsak, a resident of the Pho Chai district, was…

  • World News

    Chicago festival-goers risk lives for selfies on electrified train tracks

    In an era where selfie culture is prevalent, there have been increasing instances of individuals being drawn to capture images in hazardous situations. A recent case emerged in Oak Park, Chicago, USA at the Ridgeland Green Line station on August 5, around 7.30pm. Three festival-goers decided to pose on electrified train tracks risking their lives for a photograph. One of…

  • Thailand News

    Shocking outcome: Electrifying mishap on condo balcony leaves painter with First-Degree burns (video)

    A painter suffered from First-Degree burns after being electrocuted while painting a condo balcony near an electricity pole in southern Thailand. According to Channel 3, the shocking incident occurred to the unnamed victim at 11am yesterday when he was painting the exterior of a third-floor balcony in the southern province of Songkhla. The man accidentally touched the high-voltage electric wire…

  • Thailand News

    Thai schoolgirl dies from electric shock while charging phone

    In a series of events becoming too familiar in Thailand, a 13 year old schoolgirl was electrocuted while charging her phone and was found dead by her grandmother. A frayed extension cable is believed to be the cause. On Monday at 1.30pm, officers at Ban Na Police Station in Nakhon Nayok province were informed a child had died from an…

  • Thailand News

    Partygoer electrocuted to death in Chiang Mai, Thailand

    A young man was electrocuted to death in Chiang Mai province, northern Thailand, on Tuesday night. He leaned on an electric fence in a car park upon leaving a famous bar with his friends. CCTV footage captured the incident. The 26 year old man is pictured leaving Tha Chang Pub in Chiang Mai’s Mueang district with a group of friends…

  • Pattaya News

    Chon Buri man believed to have been killed by electric shock

    An installation worker in the city district of Chon Buri province has been killed on the job yesterday when building a roof. The victim, 42 year old Yuttana Wanthayat, is believed to have been electrocuted when he stepped on a live power outlet on a wet floor. Officers from Chon Buri Police Station found Yuttana’s body facedown on the floor,…

  • Pattaya News

    Man found dead, tangled in cables in Bang Lamung

    An internet repairman in Bang Lamung had a morbid surprise when he was repairing internet cables in the evening and spotted a man standing by a tree. He called out to him in the dark, but the man did not reply. When he approached the still man, he discovered to his horror that the figure he saw was that of…

  • Pattaya News

    Monkey taken to Si Racha veterinary hospital following electrocution and fall from tree

    A monkey has been rescued after it received a severe electric shock and plummeted from a high tree in Si Racha, a district in the Chon Buri province. A motorbike taxi driver alerted Si Racha firefighters to the simian’s plight yesterday. Veterinarians from the National Park Wildlife and Plant Conservation Si Racha Office and officials from the Si Racha Electric…

  • Pattaya NewsElectrician electrocuted to death in Chon Buri | Thaiger

    Electrician electrocuted to death in Chon Buri

    An electrician has been electrocuted to death while he was installing wires for a customer in Chon Buri, a province that sits on the Gulf of Thailand. First responders got to the scene to discover 47 year old Montri Somboon’s body still connected to a power pole close to the house. Rescue workers removed Montri’s body; it took them about…

  • Pattaya News

    Pattaya pedestrian electrocuted by dangling power lines – VIDEO

    A man in Pattaya was critically inured when he was struck by bolts of electricity from exposed power lines. Pattaya fire services were called after a transformer exploded into flames in the city’s famous Walking Street last night amid heavy storms. But rather than cordoning off and securing the area, they simply cordoned it and left it until morning for…

  • Pattaya News

    Thai man electrocuted whilst laying on his bed in Pattaya

    PHOTO: Thai Rath A man has died in Nong Prue, the suburbs behind Pattaya city, as a result of being electrocuted whilst his phone was charging next to his bed. Relatives believe the incident happened early sometime on Sunday. Police were called to an address in Soi 15, Thing Klom – Tan Man, Nong Prue on Sunday evening. 21 year old…

  • Songkran News

    No foam parties for Songkran

    by Suriya Patathayo, Jessada Chantharak Songkran foam parties are being banned this year in the interest of public safety. The announcement today from the national police deputy commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan.Chalermkiat says there had been several deaths and injuries by electrocution at foam parties during previous Songkran festivals. Police have also been instructed to provide security at Songkran celebration…