A dangerous concoction of herbal alcohol known as ya dong, mixed with poisonous toad blood, has left one man dead, three others in a coma, and ten seriously ill in Chonburi province.
He was named as 47 year old Winai Promsri and his death is being blamed on drinking herbal alcohol mixed with blood from a poisonous toad. A local Samet doctor has urged people not to consume any part of an animal that would not normally be eaten.
The man who sold the bootleg alcohol from his shop is now on the run. The Pattaya News reports that in the last three days, three people have been left in coma after drinking the alcohol, with ten others seriously ill after buying ya dong from a stall.
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.