Connect with us

Crime

A 16 year old girl has now come forward in Mukdahan school rape case

The Thaiger

Published 

 on 

A 16 year old girl has now come forward in Mukdahan school rape case | The Thaiger
  • follow us in feedly

Three of the teachers, suspected in a gang rape case against a 14 year old girl at a school in Mukdahan province in Thailand’s northeast are now likely to face charges for the sexual assault of a 16 year old student as well. The teenager has been placed into the custody of the ministry of Social Development and Human Security.

Both victims were reportedly raped on a number of occasions over a one-year period starting in March 2019.

The public school has suspended 5 teachers who stand accused of repeated sexual assaults against the 14 year old girl. The 3 teachers facing additional charges are Wipoj Saensuk, Anupap Banjong and Yutthana Phuthanonnok.

Chana Summat, director from the Obec-Student Protection and Rescue Centre, says that the teachers had not yet been found guilty of rape but they had been dismissed according to procedures.

The 16 year old victim, from the same school, is acting as a witness in the first gang rape case against the younger student. She told police that she had been raped by some of the suspects accused in the other case. Investigating police say the information provided corroborated that given by the younger victim.

A child psychologist, looking after the girl’s welfare, says she has been given sedatives and psychological counselling.

“While the girl does not come from a poor family, her parents are divorced.”

Police learned that the teachers allegedly threatened to make the girl repeat classes if she refused to have sex with them. The girl dared not tell anyone about the incidents until her grandmother learned about them.

The alleged gang rape case sparked national outrage when the grandmother of the 14 year old girl filed a criminal complaint last week. So far, police had pressed charges against five teachers and two male alumni. All have denied the charges against them. The suspects surrendered to police and were sent to court, where they were released on bail of 200,000 baht each pending further investigation.

Police investigators scoured four sites connected with the alleged crimes including the school gym, the volleyball court, the teacher rooms and their private residences. Investigators report they had recovered used condoms and a number of empty liquor bottles.

He said the police are prepared to take the victims and witnesses into protective custody in the event of witness intimidation.

SOURCE: Bangkok Post

Keep in contact with The Thaiger by following our Facebook page.

Phuket

Bangkok mother, daughter swindled out of 1.8 million baht, suspect arrested

Jack Burton

Published

on

Bangkok mother, daughter swindled out of 1.8 million baht, suspect arrested | The Thaiger
PHOTO: VateekhaoWeekly

Authorities in the southern province of Phuket have arrested a man wanted in Bangkok for swindling a woman and her mother out of nearly 2 million baht. Police in the island’s party town of Patong report that officers received a request from police in Bangkok to arrest 23 year old Narathip Sukprasert, originally from Lop Buri province, about 150 kilometres to Bangkok’s northeast.

Narathip was wanted for fraud on an arrest warrant issued back on January 6. Patong Police managed to track him down, and together with officers from Bangkok, arrested him on Monday. Authorities say he used the names “Nook Tha Prachan” or “Wayu Tha Prachan” and dealt in Buddha amulets.

“He deceived his female victim by pretending to be romantically attracted to her. When the woman said she wanted things, he would buy them and pay by using his credit card. He later told the woman that he had problems with his credit card because he had spent too much, so his victim gave him cash to pay for his alleged credit card bill,” according to the report in Phuket News.

The woman transferred money to Narathip’s account many times, totalling nearly 250,000 baht. After swindling money out of the woman, Narathip deceived her mother as well, claiming that she too would be held legally responsible for the debt and that the bank would sue her.

“The victim’s mother believed this, and gave him money several times. Altogether he deceived the women out of more than 1.8 million baht.”

Narathip was taken to Bang Na Police Station in Bangkok.

SOURCE: Phuket News

Keep in contact with The Thaiger by following our Facebook page.
Continue Reading

Crime

Thai Doctor faces charges in “wombs-for-hire” scandal

Jack Burton

Published

on

Thai Doctor faces charges in “wombs-for-hire” scandal | The Thaiger
PHOTO: Chiang Rai Times

A Thai doctor faces charges of human trafficking and involvement in a Chinese-funded cross-border surrogacy service, using Thai women to carry babies for Chinese couples. Police say that the doctor, whose name is being withheld, previously worked at a state hospital in the Victory Monument area of Bangkok and allegedly provided “assisted-reproductive services” to surrogate Thai mothers, usually at clinics in Laos. The surrogate mothers then returned to Thailand until their third trimester, when they were sent to China to deliver the children.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the closure of all borders, the surrogate mothers are now reportedly having to give birth in Thailand, instead of in China.

4 other doctors at state hospitals will also be invited to provide information to anti-human trafficking police about the racket. A woman, suspected of being a broker who allegedly handles financial transactions for the racket, was arrested in Bangkok on Monday. She was later released on 200,000 baht bail.

In February, police raided a house in Bangkok’s Lat Phrao area and found seven Thai women, all of them pregnant, and a 20 day old baby under the care of a woman, who claimed to have been paid 14,000 baht to look after the babies in the house.

SOURCE: Thai PBS World

Keep in contact with The Thaiger by following our Facebook page.
Continue Reading

Crime

Gunman kills 3 at Northern Thailand radio station

Caitlin Ashworth

Published

on

Gunman kills 3 at Northern Thailand radio station | The Thaiger
PHOTO: Thai PBS

Thai media reports 3 people are dead after a shooting today at the National Broadcasting Services of Thailand radio station in Phitsanulok, Northern Thailand. One other person is injured. Khaosod English reports that the suspected gunman, Win Sonsuk, has already been arrested. He was a staff member at the radio station. He was working as a transmitter engineer.

One of the dead people is the director of the radio station. Another was a senior technician.

Police currently suspect the motive may be a personal conflict with other staff members. He was waiting for police when they arrived at the crime scene. He was carrying two guns at the time of the shooting.

SOURCE: Khaosod English

คุมตัวผู้ก่อเหตุยิง3ศพ

#เหตุยิงกัน3ศพ#สถานีวิทยุกระจายเสียงแห่งประเทศไทยจังหวัดพิษณุโลก#เจ้าหน้าที่คุมตัวผู้ก่อเหตุเมื่อเวลา 11.00 น.วันที่ 27 พฤษภาคม 2563 ที่บสถานีวิทยุกระจายเสียงแห่งประเทศไทยจังหวัดพิษณุโลก. (สวท.พิษณุโลก) 137/1 ม.5 บ้านคลอง. อ.เมือง จ.พิษณุโลก นายวิม สอนสุข นายช่างไฟฟ้าชำนาญงาน ตำแหน่งนายช่างเครื่องส่ง เกิดอาการคลั่ง ใช้อาวุธปืน ขนาด 9มม. และ .38 รวม 2 กระบอก เป็นอาวุธมีทะเบียนของผู้ก่อเหตุ ไล่ยิงเจ้าหน้าที่ภายใน สวท.พิษณุโลก มีผู้เสียชีวิต คือ 1.นายสานิตย์ บุตรมางกูล ผอ.สวท.พิษณุโลก เสียชีวิตอยู่บริเวณด้านนอกด้านหลังอาคาร 2.นายจิรวุฒิ สุเมธเทพานันท์ นายช่างไฟฟ้า อาวุโส เสียชีวิตอยู่บริเวณกลางห้องโถงของ สวท. และ 3.นายภูมิศรัณญ์ พันธ์ภูมิ นายช่างอาวุโส เสียชีวิตอยู่ภายในห้องจัดรายการวิทยุ นอกจากนี้ยังพบผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บสาหัสอีก 1 ราย คือ นายปรุง จันทร์แดง ช่างเครื่องส่ง หลังก่อเหตุมือปืนรอมอบตัวอยู่ในที่เกิดเหตุ สาเหตุเบื้องต้นคาดเกิดจากปัญหาส่วนตัวภายในที่ทำงาน#Ch3Thailandnews

Posted by Ch3ThailandNews on Tuesday, 26 May 2020

Keep in contact with The Thaiger by following our Facebook page.
Continue Reading

Trending