Man fatally stabbed after stopping to help stranger in Buriram

A tragic incident occurred involving the son of a sub-district assistant village headman, who was fatally stabbed at a roadside pavilion after stopping to help out a stranger who was seemingly in need. One of his friends was also injured in the unprovoked attack in Buriram.

Deputy Inspector of Nong Ki Police Station, Police Lieutenant Colonel Thongsuk Prongthale, reported that they received a distress call about a stabbing late yesterday.

Officers arrived at the scene on the Chok Chai-Det Udom Road, finding only bloodstains as the victims had already been taken to Nong Ki Hospital by relatives and locals.

The deceased, identified as 33 year old Sorosak, was the son of the assistant headman of Khu Khat Noi village. He suffered a fatal stab wound to the heart. The friend, 32 year old Wutthichai, sustained a cut to the right side of his face.

Related news

According to Wutthichai, he and Sorosak had just finished working as eucalyptus tree cutters and were returning home on a motorcycle, accompanied by a third friend.

As they approached the roadside pavilion at the village entrance, a man aged between 30 and 40 years, whom they did not recognise, signalled them to stop. Assuming he needed assistance, Sorosak halted the motorcycle.

Good deed punished

Both Wutthichai and Sorosak approached the man, asking if he needed help. But without uttering a word, the man first attacked Wutthichai, slashing his face with a knife, before setting his sights on Sorosak who intervened and fatally stabbed him in the heart.

The assailant then fled the scene with the blood-stained knife. Despite his injuries, Wutthichai managed to ride to nearby villagers for help. He confirmed that neither he nor Sorosak knew the attacker or understood the motive behind the assault.

Sorosak’s mother, 53 year old Pien is the assistant headman of village No. 4 in Khu Khat Noi. She expressed her profound grief.

She shared that her son was a hardworking boy who had given her 1,000 baht that morning to save for the completion of their house and had promised to buy her a fan in the evening.

Following these events, a Nong Ki Police Station officer confirmed that the suspect had been apprehended. The police are currently interrogating the individual to determine the reasons behind the violent attack that resulted in injury and death, reported Khaosod.

Crime NewsThailand News

Ryan Turner

Ryan is a journalism student from Mahidol University with a passion for history, writing and delivering news content with a rich storytelling narrative.

Related Articles