Snake sparks electrical fire in Phuket

PHUKET: A Phuket mayor blamed a small snake for a fire near the Shooting Range in Chalong today.

“Locals saw the snake slide into the transformer next to the shack right before it exploded and started the fire,” said Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos. “Luckily, no one was injured.”

The owner of the shop, which sold decorative household items, was not there at the time of the incident.

It took four fire trucks from Chalong and Rawai to battle down the blaze.

Related news

— Chutharat Plerin

Phuket News

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Leave a Reply