by Bill Barnett of c9hotelworks.com
The Green Lodging Trends Report 2018 (the third annual report) has been launched and will remain open until August 10, 2018. To participate, which is free, hotels need to sign up using the link HERE.
Given the current influx of tourism to Phuket and all resort markets across Southeast Asia, this is a invaluable tool in measuring sustainability and best practices in the local hotel industry.
The Green Lodging Trends Report Survey has the support of C9 Hotelworks, Green Lodging News, Green Key, Travelife, Green Key Global, Horwath HTL, Green Seal, and Boston Green Tourism.
Survey participants have an opportunity to discover new innovative practices that hotels are implementing, use information to improve and ultimately outperform their competitors, and highlight innovations to showcase to the world in the annual trends report.
The goals of the Green Lodging Trends Report are:
- Identify best practices in the industry that more hotels can benefit from
- Discover innovative efforts by hotels that should be recognized and celebrated
- Determine what is trending in hotel sustainability each year and over time
- Increase awareness of the performance of individual facilities and the industry as a whole
- Create a platform for discussion and spreading of innovation among hotels and their peers, suppliers and customers globally
- Create a mechanism for tracking continuous improvement
- Assist hotels in consolidating relevant sustainability information to provide customers
The Survey: Each year Greenview devises a survey of about 100 questions covering the latest in operational practices, facility attributes, and outreach programs to conserve resources, reduce carbon emissions, increase guest experience, and make positive community impact. There is no cost to participate in the Green Lodging Survey. Hotels participate by responding to the survey via an online portal platform where work can be saved and answers easily can be updated for the next year’s survey.
The Trends Report: Greenview analyzes the results with general trends and highlights exemplary practices and innovations that stand out, serving as a guidepost for the industry and especially the survey participants.
The Benchmarking Report: Greenview prepares a free compare report, confidential to each participant, to serve as a yardstick for a hotel to understand the status of each specific practice within the general participant universe.
The 2017 Green Lodging Trends Report is available at no cost by clicking HERE. The report is based on data from 2,093 hotels in 46 countries and provides industry trends on topics ranging from energy management to communication to – for the first time in its own category – Health & Wellness. The report includes results of 110 best practices in 12 categories.