Four electrocuted in hotel water treatment pond

SAMUI: One man was killed and three others were hospitalized on Saturday night after they were electrocuted while working in a wastewater retention pond at a hotel on Koh Samui.

The men were using a pump to drain water from the pond at a hotel in Baan Cherng Mon, Bo Phut, when the pump became submerged in the water, electrocuting them.

Police reported that a hotel staff member spotted the unconscious men in the pond and pulled the plug on the pump.

“The four injured men were taken to nearby hospitals,” said Captain Kantapol Srisuksai of the Bo Phut Police. “Anucha Pompetch, 37, was taken to Bangkok Hospital Samui but later died from his injuries.”

“Somchok Thepmanee, 35, and Parachane Meesuk, 30, were taken to Thai International Hospital, while their coworker, Teerati Chaisamrerng, was taken to Bandon International Hospital,” Capt Kantapol said.

“Mr Somchok and Mr Parachane have been discharged from the hospital, but Mr Teerati is still undergoing treatment.”

Police declined to reveal the name of the hotel while investigations are underway.

— Suchat Hankij

Phuket News
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply