Fire rips through car parts warehouse in Patong

PHUKET: A fire believed to have been started by an electrical fault destroyed a car parts warehouse in Patong this afternoon.

No one was reported injured in the blaze, but the damage caused has been estimated at around 100,000 baht.

Responding to a call at about 12:30pm, 23 firefighters with six fire trucks and an ambulance rushed to the scene on 50 Pi Road overlooking Patong.

The fire team took about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

The owner of the warehouse, 48-year-old Jatupol Khuenthin, said that the blaze likely started from a short circuit in the fuse box.

“I think the fire started from a short circuit in the fuse box, which was in the same small room where I kept the new parts. In that same room were two gallons of petrol kept in separate containers, which could easily have caught on fire,” he said.

“It’s such a pity. I don’t have insurance for the room or the stock [that was destroyed] and I’m trying to sell my house and land, including the storeroom, for 30 million baht,” he added.

— Atchaa Khamlo

Phuket News

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Leave a Reply