Fire breaks out at Phuket official’s residence

PHUKET: Phuket firefighters extinguished a fire at the Thalang District Office compound in the early hours of this morning.

The fire was reported to Thalang Police at about 2:15am.

Thepkrasattri Municipality firefighters took about half an hour to extinguish the blaze, which gutted a room on the second floor of a wooden home used as the residence of a government officer.

No injuries were reported.

Two children sleeping in the room woke and escaped when the fire broke out. They called for help. The ages of the children were not reported.

They told Phuket Kusoldharm Foundation rescuers at the scene that they were awakened by the heat from the flames coming from a wall-mounted electrical fixture.

Almost all of their belongings were destroyed, they said after the blaze was extinguished.

The cause of the fire appeared to be faulty wiring, rescue workers said.

— Wichai Witthawat

Phuket News

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Leave a Reply