Construction worker shocked by high-voltage line
PHUKET: A Myanmar national welding on top of the police box at the Kalim junction in Patong at about 6pm yesterday was shocked by a jolt from a high-voltage line, but not fatally injured.
When the back of Aung Naing’s welding rod touched a tree that was in contact with the high voltage line, he received an electric shock that sent him falling to the ground and peeled skin back on his body.
Mr Aung, 20, was rushed to Patong Hospital in the back of a pick-up truck by his friends and is being treated in their burn facility, said Patapee Srichai of the Patong Police.
— Thawit Bilabdullar
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.