Another Electrician killed, while tampering with a kitchen fan

PHUKET: An electrician was electrocuted and died while installing an exhaust fan in a Kathu house this afternoon.

“We received a report around midday that a man was seriously injured from an electric shock in Moo Baan Sinthong Thani,” Lt Sawanya Eiadtrong of the Thung Thong Police said.

“We found him lying on the ground in the kitchen, pale-faced and unconscious,” Lt Sawanya said. Police said they also found electrical wiring dangling from the ceiling and coiled on the stairs.

Mr Montri Jaiboon, 59, was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Related news

“According to Mr Prapat Chiwpirom, the house owner, Mr Montri was hired to step down the voltage of the exhaust fan in the kitchen,” Lt Sawanya said. “It appears that Mr Montri made a mistake and was electrocuted.”

Lt Sawanya said police are treating Mr Montri’s death as an accident and have no reason to suspect foul play, but are waiting until the post mortem examination is completed before making an official announcement on the cause of death.

— Winai Sarot

Phuket News

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Leave a Reply