Thai woman allegedly kills husband by repeatedly stabbing him in his face in Bangkok

Photo via Channel 8.

A Thai woman allegedly killed her husband by repeatedly stabbing him in the face before leaving him to die in the bathroom of their condominium in Bangkok. The victim later succumbed to his injuries in hospital.

The dead man’s brother, 43 year old Yod, sought help from Thai social media celebrity Guntouch “Gun” Pongpaiboonwet after the legal process for the death of his younger brother, 42 year old Chokchai, had gone nowhere.

Gun accompanied Yod to Phahon Yothin Police Station to follow up on the case and he later gave an interview to the media about his brother’s death.

Yod accused Chokchai’s wife, 50 year old Wongduen, of being the killer and urged officers to press charges against her as soon as possible.

Yod said Chokchai had been subjected to Wongduen’s violent behaviour throughout their relationship.

On October 2, Chokchai’s company car called at his condo to pick him up for work but the driver and his colleagues were unable to contact him.

Condo break in

They decided to break into his condo and found Chokchai breathing heavily in the bathroom. He had several stab wounds to his face.

Yod’s colleagues called the rescue team to take Chokchai to hospital. He was treated for a few days but eventually died from his injuries on October 6.

Yod revealed that Wongduen was the killer. She stabbed Chokchai and left his body in the bathroom before going to work as if nothing had happened. Yod was convinced because in the past Wongduen had cut Chokchai’s arm and beaten him with a pestle.

According to Yod, Wongduen confiscated Chokchai’s wages and allowed him to spend only 1,000 baht a month. Wongduen also forced Chokchai to pawn his motorcycle to give her 30,000 baht. Wongduen never visited Chokchai in hospital and did not attend his funeral.

The Superintendent of Phahon Yothin Police Station, Shitsanupong Suriyanon, insisted that his team had not delayed the trial or been biased. Officers had to gather evidence because Wongduen claimed she was defending herself from a physical assault by the deceased.

Shitsanupong added that the officers charged Wongduen with assaulting another person resulting in death, and Wongduen was temporarily released in accordance with her rights. Shitsanupong promised to ensure justice for both parties.

Follow more of The Thaiger’s latest stories on our new Facebook page HERE.

Crime NewsThailand News

Petch Petpailin

Petpailin, or Petch, is a Thai translator and writer for The Thaiger who focuses on translating breakingThai news stories into English. With a background in field journalism, Petch brings several years of experience to the English News desk at The Thaiger. Before joining The Thaiger, Petch worked as a content writer for several known blogging sites in Bangkok, including Happio and The Smart Local. Her articles have been syndicated by many big publishers in Thailand and internationally, including the Daily Mail, The Sun and the Bangkok Post. She is a news writer who stops reading news on the weekends to spend more time cafe hopping and petting dwarf shrimp! But during office hours, you can find Petch on LinkedIn and you can reach her by email at

Related Articles