PHUKET: The Phuket Provincial Administration Organization (OrBorJor) has prepared an extravagant celebration to ring in the Year of the Water Snake with the arrival of the Chinese New Year tomorrow.
The celebration is slated to kick off at Sanam Chai (across from Phuket City Hall, map here) at 4pm.
“Acrobats from Henan, China will be performing as well as other splendid entertainers,” said Phuket OrBorJor President Paiboon “Pink Panther” Upatising.
“There will also be three sets of firework displays starting at 8:50pm,” he added.
After a variety acrobatic performances and firework displays, Jetrin “J” Wattanasin, a well-known Thai performer, will grace the stage.
“I’m sure this free event will be unforgettable for everyone who attends,” President Paiboon added.
- 4 pm: Food stalls open
- 6 pm: Six different Chinese-style stage performances, including a snake kung fu performance
- 7:20pm: Speech by Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut
- 7:30pm: Acrobats from Henan
- 8:50pm: Firework displays
- 9 pm: New Year gift giving
- 9:15 pm: Jetrin “J” Wattanasin performance
- 10pm: Singing of the royal anthem
— Chutharat Plerin
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.