Work on Phuket underpass deferred to Friday
PHUKET: The lane closures to make way for the construction of Phuket’s first underpass in front of the Phuket Central Festival shopping mall has been postponed for two days.
Originally planned to commence on Wednesday (tomorrow), Italian-Thai Development project managers confirmed to the Phuket Gazette today that the start had been delayed intentionally to prevent mid-week traffic congestion.
“The lane closures will be postponed until Friday, November 23, for better timing,” said Narong Horee, Phuket underpass project manager of Italian-Thai Development Co Ltd (Ital-Thai).
“As a result of a meeting with Phuket City Police and Phuket Highways Office, we have decided that the work should start on Friday,” he said.
“Ital-Thai is ready to start the work, but at the meeting we agreed to start work on Friday rather than during the working week.
“The authorities are concerned how it would affect the rush-hour traffic during the week,” Mr Narong added.
— Chutharat Plerin
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.