Man loses leg in Phuket shophouse explosion

PHUKET: An explosion this morning at an air-conditioning service shop in Phuket has seriously injured two men and caused extensive damage to the single-story shophouse.

According to police at the scene, a large gas tank used for servicing air-conditioning units exploded in the shop at about 10am. The shop’s owner is reported to have had his leg blown off in the explosion. Both the injured men were taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

The explosion also caused extensive damage to the walls and roof of the single-story shophouse, which has been operating in Koh Sireh for about three years.

According to a neighbor who rushed to help the victims, the shop’s owner, Mr Wanchai, had already lost a leg in a similar accident about two years ago.

— Tipwarintron Tanaakarachod

Phuket News

Thaiger Talk

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Close