Blaze guts alleyway of shops in Patong [video]

PHUKET: A blaze gutted shops in a narrow alley off Bangla Road in Patong last night.

The fire broke out about midnight near Thaweesawong Road (beach road), damaging several shops including a tailor’s and a minimart.

Firefighters and six fire trucks took more than an hour to extinguish the inferno, which is estimated to have caused several million baht worth of damage.

Inspectors believe the fire was sparked by an electric short circuit in one of the shops.

No one was injured in the fire, police reported.

The Bangla fire was caught on camera from one of the high-rise hotels in Patong. Video: PGTV/Toine Aarts

— Kongleaphy Keam

Phuket News

Thaiger Talk

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Close