Phuket Business: Chapel bells boost dress sales

PHUKET: The business of love continues on an upward trend, with Phuket’s Modern Wedding Studio reporting a spike in monthly sales volume by as much as 75% over the last three years.

“Business shot through the roof after we were featured on a game show called ‘SME Tee Tak‘ a few years ago.”

Mr Narin explained that the nationally televised game show, produced by Workpoint Entertainment Studios, assesses the quality and viability of local businesses.

Having passed the competitive judging criteria and eventually winning the game show, Mr Narin is thankful for the valuable exposure his firm has received.

“Our monthly income used to be about 4 million baht per month, but after the game show aired it went up, and is now at about 7mn baht per month, ” he said.

Mr Narin is a businessman who has vast experience in the service sector, having worked in the industry for decades.

“Wedding studios are in huge demand in the Phuket market. I believe that our studio is now the [market] leader in Phuket,” he said, adding that a majority of his clients are Thai nationals.

“Our main target is locals, who make up about 80 per cent of our clients, while the other 20 per cent are tourists.”

His wedding studio group comprises four branches across Phuket, including the Modern Wedding Studio, Number One Wedding Studio, Time to Love Studio and the Memory Studio.

“In the next five years, we are planning to expand with the goal of having 10 branches,” he said.

This year, Narin has invested about 10mn baht on his company’s expansion, which has been focused on branch refurbishments and upgrades.

“Our investments have been aimed at adding more convenience to customers’ experience and in our quality of service… We want to leave a good impression about our service.”

He added that the annual investment figure did not include overheads such as employee wages and operational costs, which he revealed are about 2mn baht per month.

Mr Narin went on to talk about Phuket’s service sector, which he believes has immense opportunities. From his viewpoint, the quality and standard of customer service on the island is unmatched.

Elaborating more on his company’s offerings, he said, “We have more than 300 international styles of wedding suits and dresses. The wedding dress is a special part of any wedding… [clients] want to look perfect on their wedding day and our designs incorporate the finest elegant gowns made from the highest quality fabric, that can’t be matched anywhere else.”

In addition to the popular styles, the company also provides tailor-made designs, specific to customers needs and requests.

“We have more than 300 traditional Thai wedding gowns with unique designs.

“We are particularly proud of our Thai dress offering; the designs have been carefully researched and are creative pieces of work, chosen for their beauty and elegance, quality of the fabric and decorations.”

As the business of Modern Wedding Studio grows, so does the quantity of its designs.

“We also have beautiful modern designs that fuse Thai tradition and international fashion designs, which will delight and please anyone who sees them.

“Whichever design clients choose, they are guaranteed to be dazzling on their wedding day.”

— Narin Tongsaiklaeng

Business News
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply