Runner hospitalised, claims his water-bottle was poisoned

PHOTO: Facebook/Etoriw Sibaht

A man took a swig from his water bottle after he went on a run at a Nonthaburi park, northwest of Bangkok, and later ended up at the hospital with symptoms of a stroke. He says he believes it was from poison in his water bottle.

The man had set his water bottle down at the Makut Rommayasaran Park. After he finished his run, he drank from the bottle, noticing it had a strange taste. He then went out to dinner. His vision blurred, he got shortness of breath and started vomiting. He passed out and woke up in a hospital.

Doctors told him it may have been a stroke, but the man says the learned about a toxic substance that causes similar symptoms. He looked at the water bottle and said it appeared to have a small hole. He posted photos of the hole in the bottle and warned runners about leaving their water bottles unattended.

SOURCE: Nation Thailand

Bangkok NewsCrime News

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Caitlin Ashworth

Caitlin Ashworth is a writer from the United States who has lived in Thailand since 2018. She graduated from the University of South Florida St. Petersburg with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and media studies in 2016. She was a reporter for the Daily Hampshire Gazette In Massachusetts. She also interned at the Richmond Times-Dispatch in Virginia and Sarasota Herald-Tribune in Florida.

Leave a Reply