Phuket: UPDATE. What we know.
What we currently know at 11am, Friday morning, Thai time…
• 7 dead bodies have been recovered near Koh Maiton
• Up to 50 remain missing (figure is continually being revised)
• One body of a Chinese tourist was recovered last last night
• Navy SEAL divers are searching the sunken ‘Phoenix’ boat for bodies
• Two boats sank in yesterday’s storm
• 8 boats sought shelter at Koh Racha last night with up to 166 people on board
• Captain of sunken vessel says waves were up to five metres high
• 6 boats with 136 passengers have returned to shore
• Boats set out to sea early Thursday morning with clear skies and a forecast that predicted winds up to 25 kph from the west
• ‘Freak’ storm hit the Andaman coast around 4.30pm last night with strong winds and waves
• Black-outs in many parts of Phuket last night
PHOTO: Phuket PR Office
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.