Shocked Myanmar worker falls from scaffolding

PHUKET: A Myanmar worker was seriously injured after coming into contact with high-voltage power cables and falling from the scaffolding where he was working yesterday afternoon.

Khan Soe, 22, was working on a building inside Wat Khuan in Phuket Town when the accident occurred.

“He was working on the top of the new temple hall, next to some high-voltage cables. We saw a flash. The next thing we saw was Mr Khan falling from the scaffolding – it all happened so fast,” said Mr Song, a Myanmar co-worker.

Mr Khan suffered head trauma and electrical burns, rescue workers called to the scene said.

“He was obviously in a lot of pain when we arrived – his injuries were quite serious and he appeared to have lost a lot of blood,” said Jessada Janpen, a Kusoldharm Foundation rescue worker.

Mr Khan was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital for further treatment.

— Kritsada Mueanhawong

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Leave a Reply

Check Also