Each year from January through April, the volume of blood collected falls short of target levels, says Vichote Buraphachanok of the Blood Center.
“The main reason that we fall short of our target levels during the high season is that hotel staff, who usually make lots of donations, are working hard and don’t get enough sleep to make donations,” Mr Vichote said.
“Many hotels canceled their plans to ask staff to make blood donations in March, so we really need all the support we can get from other qualified donors,” he said.
Donations can be made at the Phuket Regional Blood Center at the following times:
- Monday,Wednesday and Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30am – 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am – 3pm
They can also be made at the mobile clinic, which will be at the following locations this month:
- March 2, 11am – 6pm at Tesco Lotus in Thalang
- March 5, 1pm – 4pm at JW Marriott Phuket, Mai Khao
- March 7, 9am – 4pm at Wat Tha Ruea Thalang
- March 9, 11am – 1pm at Indigo Pearl Resort, Nai Yang
- March 14, 11am – 2pm at British International School, Koh Kaew
- March 15, 1pm – 4pm at Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket, Panwa
- March 19, 1pm – 4pm at Sri Panwa, Panwa
- March 21, Noon – 6pm at Central Festival Phuket, bypass road, Wichit
- March 23, 1pm – 5pm at Bangkok Hospital Phuket, Yaowarat Road, Phuket Town
- March 25, 11am – 6pm at Big C Phuket (next to Phuket Int’l Hospital), Wichit
- March 30, 1pm – 4pm at La Flora Resort, Patong
- March 2, 11am – 6pm at Kuraburi District Office
- March 15, 9am – noon at United Phuket Commercial Limited (Honda motorcycles) in Takuapa
- March 28, 9am – noon at Agriculturist Gardener community in Khok Kloy
- March 28, 1pm – 4pm at Takuathung District Office
- March 6, 9am – noon at Ao Luek District Office
- March 12, 9am – 3pm at Ao Nang Villa Resort hotel
- March 20, 9am – noon at Klong Thom and Nuea Klong District Office
- March 22, 9am – noon at Kurabui District Office
— Samaporn Janyanon
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.