PHUKET: The Phuket Water Authority (PWA) has announced that water supply in some areas of Phuket Town will be shut off from 9pm tomorrow to 3am on Sunday.
Water is being shut off to allow for new pipes to be laid in Suan Luang Park* – part of the PWA’s plan to improve Phuket Town’s water-treatment process.
Those affected include:
- Residences along Chao Fa East and Chao Fa West Road, as well as connecting sois
- Residences along Sakdidet Road from Ta Kleng intersection to Sakdidet Soi 1
- Residences along Sakdidet Soi 1
- Residences along Bangkok Road from Yee Teng complex at the Slaughterhouse intersection to the bridge at the Phuket Garden Hotel
- Residences along Poonpon Road, including soi 1, 3, 5, 7 and 11
- Residences along Patipat Road from Yee Teng complex to the Jui Tui shrine intersection
Residents in these areas should save water to use during the period of the shutoff said the PWA.
For more information about the shutoff call the PWA hotline: 076-211-130 or 099-487-4038.
* The original Gazette story reported that the pipes would be laid along Chalerm Phrakiat Rama 9 Road.
— Natthaphol Wittayarungrote
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.