Connect with us

Phuket

Local Internet Services Receive Poor Rating

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Published 

 on 

Local Internet Services Receive Poor Rating | The Thaiger
  • follow us in feedly

PHUKET: Internet services available in Phuket are perceived as offering very substantial opportunities for growth in terms of quality, according to the weekly Gazette Poll which closed on January 22. From the four available answers to the question, “How would you rate the quality of Internet service in Phuket?”, 41.5% of the internet poll’s 680 participants clicked on “unsatisfactory,” with another 23.5% selecting “very poor.” 21% of those polled considered the service “acceptable,” and 14% said they regarded it as “good.” Voters in the Gazette Polls fall into three categories – Thai Nationals, Local Foreign Residents, and Tourists/Frequent Visitors to Phuket. Among Thais, 64% considered the service of their local ISP as either unsatisfactory or very poor. Among resident foreigners, 78% indicated dissatisfaction with their access. And even tourists, presumably on the basis of their experience with a laptop, business service or internet café, were disenchanted, with 58% of them clicking on “unsatisfactory” or “very poor.” Issues raised in the Gazette Poll change at noon every Friday. The polls appear on both the Phuket Residents’ Page (www.phket.loxinfo.co.th/~gazette) and on the Phuket Gazette Online at thethaiger.com.

Keep in contact with The Thaiger by following our Facebook page.
Never miss out on future posts by following The Thaiger.



Read more headlines, reports & breaking news in Phuket. Or catch up on your Thailand news.

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Phuket

Dozens of Burmese, Thai workers demand back pay, benefits in Phuket

Jack Burton

Published

on

image
PHOTOS: The Phuket News

An estimated 100 Burmese and Thai workers went to Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday to report their employer for not paying them for 3 months, and to try and get some clarity if they still have jobs. They filed their complaint with the ombudsman’s office and the Labour Protection Social Security Office. 27 year old Burmese national Min Thu Khu explained to reporters that the workers’ predicament began in May, when many filed for the income support they are entitled to under the Social Security Act. Section 33 of the act entitles employees to compensation during periods of work cessation at […]

Continue Reading

Tourism

Phuket may be chosen as test case in phased re-opening to foreign tourists

Maya Taylor

Published

on

image
PHOTO: Syed Ahmad on Unsplash

As the Tourism Authority of Thailand considers how the country might safely re-open its borders, the Bangkok Post reports that there are tentative plans afoot to kick off the project with Phuket, possibly in October. The director-general of the Department of Health, Panpimon Wipulakorn, says Phuket’s position as a self-contained island means it would be easier to control any potential Covid-19 outbreak following re-opening. During the peak of the initial wave of Covid-19 infections in Thailand, Phuket had the highest rate of infections in the country, per capita, mostly concentrated in the Patong and Bang Tao areas. Meanwhile, TAT spokeswoman […]

Continue Reading

Phuket

Korean man in Phuket suicide

Jack Burton

Published

on

image
PHOTO: Phuket Andaman News

In an apparent suicide, the body of a South Korean man was found in a pickup truck in the city district of the southern resort province of Phuket yesterday, his head covered in a plastic bag. Police found the white pickup, with Phuket licence plates, in the car park of the Golden Triangle Been Co. in tambon Vichit after being alerted at around 11:40am. The body of the 40 year old man, whose name is being withheld pending notification of relatives and the South Korean embassy, was found in the driver’s seat. He was wearing a black T-shirt and jeans […]

Continue Reading
Follow The Thaiger by email:

Trending