British boy, 7, electrocuted in Patong

PATONG: A seven-year-old British boy was electrocuted while playing a video game in his hotel room at the Sunset Beach Resort, police have confirmed.

Pol Lt Col Sopol Borirak, of Kathu Police Station, identified the victim as Connor Dean O’Keeffe, son of David Skinner, 49, and Kathleen Patricia Curry, 45.

Police were notified of the death about 8 pm on December 30 by staff at Patong Hospital, where the boy had been rushed for emergency treatment.

Col Sopol said that police presume the boy went swimming in the hotel pool before returning to his room, where he began playing a video game without drying off.

The combination of water and electricity led to an electric shock, which proved fatal, police said.

No further details of the accident were given by police.

Management at the hotel were unavailable for comment.

The family were on a 10-day stay at the hotel when the accident occurred.

They will return to the UK tonight to arrange for their son’s funeral.

Phuket News

Thaiger Talk

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply