Thai man ends life after failing to settle child molestation case

Picture courtesy of Tomé Louro from

A 66 year old man, distressed over failing to settle a molestation case involving a 10 year old girl, ended his life with a firearm yesterday. The incident occurred at an unnamed rowhouse in Nong Prue, Bang Lamung, Chon Buri, and was reported to the police by 8.10am.

Responding to the report, Police Lieutenant Colonel Jirasak and a rescue team from the Sawang Boriboon Foundation arrived at the scene. The rowhouse consisted of seven adjacent rooms.

Inside one of these rooms, they discovered the lifeless body of Preecha, the 66 year old owner of a local metal workshop. He was found lying on his back in a pool of blood, dressed in a grey crew-neck shirt and black jeans.

A homemade .38 calibre pen gun was found beside his right hand, with a spent shell casing still in the chamber. There were no signs of struggle within the room.

The 29 year old Ann informed the police that she argued with Preecha before the incident. He had come to negotiate a withdrawal of her complaint regarding the sexual assault of her 10 year old daughter.

“He asked me how much money I wanted to drop the case but I refused and told him he had to face the consequences of his actions.”

Preecha then threatened, that if she didn’t agree, he would kill myself. He returned to his room shortly after, and a gunshot was heard. Ann rushed to check and found he had shot himself.

Ann further disclosed that her daughter, currently in fourth grade, had been molested by Preecha on four occasions between April 19 and May 18. Her daughter confided in her, leading Ann to file a report with the Nong Prue police on May 25. Despite Preecha’s repeated attempts to negotiate through chat messages, Ann remained resolute in pursuing legal action, feeling betrayed by someone she had trusted and who had seemed to care for her children.

Neighbours corroborated

Neighbours corroborated Ann’s account, adding that Preecha often brought young girls, primarily aged five to ten, to his rented room, arousing suspicion about his inappropriate behaviour. The rowhouse owner mentioned that Preecha had rented the room for nearly 20 years and had a pattern of luring children with gifts, creating a false sense of trust among their parents.

Initial police investigations included collecting evidence from the scene, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing CCTV footage of the argument between Preecha and Ann. Preecha’s relatives have reviewed the situation and did not express any suspicion regarding the cause of his death.

It is believed that his suicide stemmed from severe stress over the molestation accusations and the impending legal repercussions, reported Khaosod.

Crime NewsEastern Thailand NewsThailand News

Nattapong Westwood

Nattapong Westwood is a Bangkok-born writer who is half Thai and half Aussie. He studied in an international school in Bangkok and then pursued journalism studies in Melbourne. Nattapong began his career as a freelance writer before joining Thaiger. His passion for news writing fuels his dedication to the craft, as he consistently strives to deliver engaging content to his audience.

Related Articles