The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration revealed today that the government is now considering which high-risk or “red” businesses will be allowed to reopen under Phase 4 of lockdown easing. CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin says that the virus could be with us for months or even years, so the government must carefully consider which “red” high-contagion-risk businesses can reopen. The CCSA has asked operators of “red” businesses for their Covid-19 preventive plans and measures so the agency can make a decision on whether they can reopen.
Here are the businesses and activities currently in the running to reopen in the fourth phase:
- Educational institutes – for classes, training, and exams
- Nurseries and centres for the elderly
- Educational science attractions (hundreds of them!)
- Meeting rooms holding more than 200 attendees
- TV and film productions with crews of more than 100 people
- National parks (restricted to certain areas)
- Remaining unopened beaches
- Amusement parks, playgrounds, and game centres
- Gyms, fitness centres, and sports stadiums (that haven’t already been opened)
- Convention halls larger than 20,000 square metres, for concerts, expos, and events
- Entertainment venues, pubs, bars and karaoke outlets
- Large massage shops
SOURCE: Nation Thailand
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.