5 new Covid-19 cases were detected whilst returnees or foreigners were in quarantine, with some reporting cough symptoms, according to Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. Thailand now has 3,691 confirmed Covid-19 cases with 3,488 recoveries and 59 deaths. 744 cases were detected in the mandatory state quarantine for those entering the country. 144 people are currently receiving medical treatment for the coronavirus.
- A 27 year old Thai man travelling from Kuwait tested positive for Covid-19 at a Chon Buri quarantine facility. He arrived on October 4 and tested positive for the virus 12 days later. He was asymptomatic.
- A 21 year old Thai woman travelling from Japan tested positive for Covid-19 at a Chon Buri quarantine facility. She arrived to Thailand on October 14 and tested positive for the virus 2 days later. She is asymptomatic.
- A 31 year old Thai woman travelling from Turkey tested positive for Covid-19 at a quarantine facility in Samut Prakan. She reports cough symptoms.
- A 21 year old Kenyan student tested positive while in a Bangkok quarantine facility.
- A 45 year old Thai woman travelling from Bahrain tested positive for Covid-19 at an airport screening checkpoint. She says she’s had a cough for 3 weeks.
SOURCE: Nation Thailand