Phuket axe murderer out on bail until next year

PHUKET: The 15-year-old boy who confessed to killing his sleeping stepfather with an axe in August will appear before the Phuket Family and Juvenile Court on the morning of February 4 next year.

A court official told the Phuket Gazette today that after his confession to Chalong Police on August 22, the youth was remanded in the custody of the Family and Juvenile Court.

“He was granted bail, set at 30,000 baht, on October 1,” the official said.

Lt Col Boonlert Onklang of Chalong Police Station told the Gazette earlier that the youth had admitted to killing 42-year-old Prayoon Pothi with a blow to the back of his head with a hand axe.

“The accused has been charged under Section 288 of the criminal code. If the court finds someone guilty of murder they have it within their power to impose the death sentence or 15 to 25 years imprisonment,” Col Boonlert said.

— Irfarn Jamdukor

Phuket News
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Close