PHUKET: Cabinet approved a total of 628 million baht for 23 provincial projects in the five Andaman Coast provinces during the mobile cabinet meeting held in Phuket earlier this week.
In addition to the regional and Phuket-based projects already reported, the breakdown for funding for four other Andaman Coast provinces was announced as follows:
1. Sustainable water management project: 42.26 million baht
2. Pier project to develop Payam Island as a tourist destination: 15 million baht
3. Agricultural production and processing enhancement project: 10.80 million baht
4. Infrastructure improvements for communities with flood damage: 21.12 million baht
5. Maritime border patrol project: 6.15 million baht
6. Community palm tree cultivation project: 6.50 million baht.
The budget approved for Ranong was just over 100mn baht.
1. Tourism development project at Chang Hai (Lost Elephant) Hill Cave: 10mn baht
2. Port development project for tourism: 30mn baht
3. Water resources development: 64mn baht
The budget approved for Trang was 104 million baht.
1. Land preparation for construction of new provincial government center: 35mn baht
2. Development of Patrol Vessel T-813 as tsunami memorial monument: 42.98mn baht
3. Road improvement on Petchkasem Road from Khao Lak to Bang Nieng for: 30mn
The total budget approved for Phang Nga was 107.98.
1. Emergency, accident and natural disaster coordination center complex: 99.34mn baht.
Satun, Thailand’s southernmost Andaman Coast province, is not part of the government’s Andaman Coast Development Cluster. As such, no funding announcements were made for it during the Cabinet’s visit.
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.