Construction worker electrocuted

SAMKONG: A workman fixing an aluminum ceiling in a new house in the Sam Kong area died yesterday of electrocution. A colleague of the dead man told police that he was working at the back of the house on Yaowarat Rd, about 200 meters from the Bangkok Phuket Hospital, when he heard a scream from the front of the house. He rushed to the front, where he saw Supasil Wongpipatjaroen, 21, lying face-down on the floor. He also saw an electrical extension cord nearby on the floor – which was wet from the rain – and a piece of the wire used for hanging the ceiling, which was glowing red-hot. Realizing that there was a problem with the electricity, he ran to the shop next door where the extension cord was plugged in, and unplugged it. When he got back he found that Supasil was dead. Pol Lt Kaneuing Pitakkultorn of Phuket Town Police Station said that at the time of his death, Supasil was wearing neither shoes nor shirt. There were burn marks on the dead man’s face, chest, arms and hands. Police have concluded that death was accidental and have closed the case.

Phuket News

Thaiger Talk

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply