BIS Phuket earn four trophies at its football tourney
PHUKET: British International School Phuket (BISP) was proud to once again host its annual football tournament, with the hosts taking home four of the total 30 trophies.
This year there were teams representing 26 international schools from not only Thailand, but China, South Korea, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Out of 10 classes, BISP won top honors in the Under 11 and Under 15 boys categories, while their Over 15 and Under 15 girls teams finished second and third of their class, respectively.
Among the other most successful schools were the Alice Smith School, Malaysia (KLASS), who took home five trophies, followed by Bangkok Patana School with four trophies and Tanglin Trust School, Singapore (TTS) with three trophies.
Following are all the winners in their respective categories.
Under 9 Girls
- Bangkok Patana School (BPS)
- Alice Smith School, Malaysia (KLASS)
- Harrow International School, Bangkok (HIS)
Under 9 Boys
- British International School Jakarta (BISJ)
- St. Andrews International School Bangkok (St AB)
Under 11 Girls
Under 11 Boys
- British International School Phuket (BISP)
- Tanglin Trust School, Singapore (TTS)
Under 13 Girls
- Marlborough College Malaysia (MCM)
- International School of Kuala Lumpur (ISKL)
Under 13 Boys
- Dulwich College Beijing (DCB)
Under 15 Girls
Under 15 Boys
Over 15 Girls
- International School of Penang, Uplands (ISPU)
Over 15 Boys
- Shrewsbury International School Bangkok (SHB)
- The Regents School Pattaya
- Australian International School, Singapore (AIS)
The BISP International Football Tournament was proudly sponsored by the Phuket Gazette and PGTV.
Keep checking our online Phuket Sports pages, join our Facebook fan page or follow us on Twitter @PhuketGazette for the latest local, national and international sporting news and action.
— Steven Layne
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.