Thai man’s toothbrush with danger, nearly chokes to death

Photo via Facebook/ สนามข่าวเมืองปราการ and บางพลีนี่เอง

A Thai man accidentally swallowed a toothbrush and almost choked to death while brushing his teeth last night. The victim is now safe after a doctor managed to remove the toothbrush from his throat.

Ruamkatanyu Rescue Foundation was alerted to the emergency incident at around 9pm yesterday, June 12, and rushed to the scene at a rented room in Soi King Kaew 58 in the Bang Phli district of Samut Prakan province.

Upon arrival, rescuers found the victim, 56 year old Sinam, lying on the floor covered in blood drops and stains. A bloody toothbrush was found near his body.

Sinam’s family members told the rescue team that Sinam was brushing his teeth and felt like he wanted to vomit. He felt uncomfortable but was unable to throw up. He then inserted the toothbrush into his throat, aiming to induce vomiting.

Related news

Unfortunately, he accidentally swallowed the brush. He attempted to use another toothbrush, which was found on the floor, to pull out the one he swallowed. He even asked his family members to help him retrieve the brush but to no avail.

Blood gushed out of his throat but the brush remained inside. The more they attempted to pull the toothbrush out, the deeper it went into Sinam’s throat.

The rescue team checked on Sinam and found that the toothbrush was too deep for them to remove. For Sinam’s safety, the rescue team took him to Ban Phli Hospital for further treatment.

A female doctor, Ratchawan Jerdsermanan, reported that Sinam was able to talk and breathe. His blood oxygen level was normal, and other body systems functioned normally when he arrived at the hospital.

Ratchawan explained that the toothbrush was lodged deep in his throat but she managed to remove it with tweezers. Sinam did not have any side effects and had no bleeding or wounds in his throat, so Ratchawan allowed him to return home.

The doctor added that his throat was initially bleeding when he and his family attempted to remove the brush because the tissue in the organ was irritated.

Central Thailand NewsThailand News

Petch Petpailin

Petpailin, or Petch, is a Thai translator and writer for The Thaiger who focuses on translating breakingThai news stories into English. With a background in field journalism, Petch brings several years of experience to the English News desk at The Thaiger. Before joining The Thaiger, Petch worked as a content writer for several known blogging sites in Bangkok, including Happio and The Smart Local. Her articles have been syndicated by many big publishers in Thailand and internationally, including the Daily Mail, The Sun and the Bangkok Post. She is a news writer who stops reading news on the weekends to spend more time cafe hopping and petting dwarf shrimp! But during office hours, you can find Petch on LinkedIn and you can reach her by email at petch@thethaiger.com.

Related Articles