Phuket

Phuket soap shop fire causes B600k in damages

PHUKET: A fire erupted this morning in a Phuket soap and spa goods shop, causing about 600,000* baht in damages.

Two firetrucks from Patong Municipality were called to the scene behind Jungceylon shopping center on Phang-Mueang Sai Kor Road at about 7:10am.

“It took firefighters about 30 minutes to control the flames. No one was injured in the blaze,” Lt Col Prathung Pholmana of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette.

“Everything inside was destroyed. We estimate the cost of the damages to be about 600,000 baht.”

Shop owner Kritiya Dasri, 28, said that she was notified that her store was on fire by a neighboring shop owner.

“She called me and told me that she saw a lot of smoke and flames coming from my store,” Ms Kritiya said.

“I immediately called the Patong Police for help.”

* The original story stated that the estimated amount of damage was about 100,000 baht.

— Kritsada Muanhawong

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Leave a Reply