Connect with us

Phuket

Patong bar owner raped and murdered

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Published

on

Patong bar owner raped and murdered | The Thaiger

PHUKET TOWN: The body of Pranorm Anuan, owner of the Shark Otto Bar in Soi Eric, Patong, was found in an old tin mine north of the Tesco-Lotus Supercenter early on Saturday morning. A villager who was jogging in the area found the body and notified the police around 6:20 am. When found, 24-year-old Pranorm was wearing black boots and a red T-shirt bearing the bar’s logo. She was clutching white underpants and a brassière that police believe were hers. Pol Lt Khaneung Pitakkullatorn told the Gazette that K. Pranorm had been beaten about the head and face and there was evidence that she had been raped repeatedly. At the scene, about 40 meters from her body, police found many sets of footprints, four pornographic magazines smeared with blood, and about 10 tubes of glue. Her body was taken to Wachira Phuket Hospital where it was identified by her husband, Tony Koran, 40, from the Netherlands, and some employees of the bar. Bar staff told the police that they last saw her alive when she left the bar the night before at closing time, about 4 am. She drove away on a blue Honda Wave motorbike without saying where she was going. K. Pranorm’s motorbike, mobile phone and gold necklace were not found at the scene. Police believe that the murderer knew the victim and lured her to the old mine where about 10 others were already waiting. They theorize that when she tried to run away, she was pursued, raped and then beaten to death. Her body has been taken to her family home in Nakhon Ratchasima where her funeral will take place.



Read more headlines, reports & breaking news in Phuket. Or catch up on your Thailand news.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Phuket

Phuket Town Beauty spa shooter kills himself in Saphan Hin

The Thaiger

Published

on

Phuket Town Beauty spa shooter kills himself in Saphan Hin | The Thaiger

UPDATE: The suspect in this morning’s shootings, 53 year old Chana Rodket from Songkhla, has shot and killed himself in Saphan His this afternoon. He was a housekeeper a the beauty spa where the shooting took place.

Earlier, a South Korean man and Thai woman were injured in a shooting at a beauty spa near Naka Market in Phuket Town.

The two sustained serious injuries from bullet wounds. Wichit Police reports that they was notified of the incident at ‘The Beauty Spa’ at 10.30am.

Police and emergency responders arrived at the scene to find two injuried from gun shots. Blood-stained towels were found around the scene of the shooting.

The two people shot were 74 year old South Korean man, Kwang Hee Kim (father of Ms Eun Mi Kim, the owner of the Beauty Spa) and a 56 year old Thai woman named as Somsri Chuatonghua, a staff member at the spa.

Both taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Phuket Town Beauty spa shooter kills himself in Saphan Hin | News by The Thaiger

Continue Reading

Hot News

Two shot in Phuket Town beauty spa this morning

The Thaiger

Published

on

Two shot in Phuket Town beauty spa this morning | The Thaiger

A South Korean man and Thai woman have been injured in spa shooting in Phuket Town.

The two sustained serious injuries from bullet wounds after having been shot at the spa in Wichit today.

Wichit Police reports that they was notified of an incident at ‘The Beauty Spa’ in Wichit at 10.30am this morning.

Police and emergency responders arrived at the scene to find two injuried from gun shots – a 74 year old South Korean man, Kwang Hee Kim, and father of Ms Eun Mi Kim, the owner of the Beauty Spa.

The other person injured was a 56 year old Thai woman named as Somsri Chuatonghua who is staff at the spa.

They were both taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital. The suspect, Somphon, a house-keeper at the spa, is currently being sought by police.

Continue Reading

Bangkok

TAT expects 2.3 million tourists for this year’s Songkran

The Thaiger

Published

on

TAT expects 2.3 million tourists for this year’s Songkran | The Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is expecting more than 2.3 million local and foreign tourists will join the various Songkran celebrations this year. They say that should generate 20 billion baht+ in revenue for tourism and tourism-related services.

TAT’s Governor Yuthasak Supasorn says 300,000 international arrivals are expected to celebrate the five day festival starting April 12, along with two million locals who will travel to celebrate Songkran this year. Songkran falling on a weekend this year will also bolster local tourism numbers.

The number of Songkran-specific visitors is up this year, partly because of the growing popularity of the festival internationally and the government extending the holiday to five days this year, now starting on April 12 (although ‘Songkran, the Thai New Year, is actually on April 13).

Songkran festival extended HERE.

He admits that the bad publicity about the poor air quality in the northern regions is a problem, especially around Chiang Mai which has become a big international visitor favorite over recent yers.

Chiang Mai is one of nine provinces in the North struggling with smoke haze, mostly because of open-air burning of farm waste and rubbish, and localised bush fires. The heavy smog has caused temporary suspension of flights between Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son although flights into Chiang Mai have been unaffected so far.

Continue Reading

The Thaiger Newsletter

Keep up with all the day’s news. Subscribe here.

The latest news and information from Thailand.

* indicates required



Trending