Australian tourist found dead from possible drug overdose in Phuket resort

PHUKET: Patong police believe an Australian tourist who was found dead in his Phuket hotel room yesterday died from a drug overdose.

The 45-year-old, whose name has yet to be released to the public by police, was staying at a resort in the Patong beach area.

Captain Teerasak Boonsang of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette the man’s body was discovered at about 4pm.

“We believe he has been dead for two days,” Capt Boonsang said.

The police examination of the room uncovered an empty bottle of medication for preventing seizures and convulsions.

“There were also blood stains around his nose,” Capt Boonsang added.

The man’s family, who arrive in Phuket today, confirmed the man had no health issues that they were aware of.

— Orawin Narabal

Phuket News
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Check Also
Close