Thailand

Neon sign power leak blamed for ATM electric shock death of baby girl

PHUKET MEDIA WATCH

– Thailand news selected by Gazette editors for Phuket’s international community

Neon sign power leak blamed for ATM electric shock death of baby girl
The Nation / Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: Electric shocks that killed a two-year-old girl in Trang’s Yan Ta Khao district on August 7 stemmed from a power leakage from a neon sign placed over an automated teller machine, police said yesterday.

Citing an electrical engineer’s report, Pol Major Saroj Chongrak of Yan Ta Khao police said the ATM was linked to a nearby gas station’s power system. After all signs there were turned on, a power leakage from the sign short-circuited on the metal machine and shocked the girl when she touched it.

Police have interviewed seven witnesses, including some who suffered electric shocks on the previous night, and will soon summon the gas station owner for information.

No charges have yet been laid and Saroj said the case would take another one or two weeks to conclude.

— Phuket Gazette Editors

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Leave a Reply