Today there are another 2,438 new Covid-19 infections and 11 coronavirus-related deaths, including a young woman who was 25 weeks pregnant. Meanwhile the BMA have announced the closure of 31 additional business types as of midnight tonight around Bangkok. There are additional announcements pending for other Thai provinces today.
The number is a slight drop on Saturday’s total of 2,839 new infections. But Sunday’s totals are often lower due to the reporting from provinces.
Read about the additional Bangkok closures HERE.
Thailand has now reached 55,460 reported Covid cases and 140 since the local outbreak started on January 13, 2020. Far from being a ‘foreign’ problem, only 3,271 Covid infections, out of the total of over 55,000, have come from overseas. The rest are all local transmissions.
24,207 people in state care – 19,274 in public hospitals & 4,933 in state-run field hospitals. 507 people in a serious condition, and 138 on ventilators.
Out of the 11 new Covid-related deaths, 7 people were young adults between the ages of 27 and 36. Most of those patients had pre-existing conditions of obesity and diabetes.
- 27 year old man from Bangkok who was diagnosed with diabetes and obesity
- 34 year old woman from Pathum Thani who was diagnosed with obesity
- 69 year old man from Pathum Thani who had high blood pressure
- 62 year old woman from Sukothai had high blood pressure
- 70 year old man who had diabetes and chronic kidney disease
- 45 year old man from Nakhon Phanom who was diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity
- 35 year old man Nakhon Ratchasima who was diagnosed with obesity
- 34 year old man who was diagnosed who was diagnosed with diabetes and obesity
- 36 year old man from Bangkok
- 35 year old man from Bangkok
- 30 year old woman from Bangkok who was 25 weeks pregnant
The number of people who have received Covid vaccine doses in the past 24 hours…
1st dose – 14,675
2nd dose – 4,033
TOTAL PEOPLE VACCINATED – 1,124,153
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.