PHUKET: This week’s Andaman Edition of the Phuket Gazette went on sale last night and our Nationwide Edition was released in Bangkok and placed aboard the major international airlines serving Thailand early this morning.
Both editions contain reams of information not available here in the Gazette Online.
– Tunnel of Love? An update on the Patong Tunnel plan, and how the estimated cost has more than doubled in less than a year.
– Waterbirds: Eleven-year-old Victoria Bird sets a record by circumnavigating Phuket in a kayak.
– Grave concerns: Koh Sireh sea gypsies want better access to their ancestral burial grounds.
– Squatting for time: The Ket Kaew community in Wichit gets a temporary reprieve.
– Cabinet allocates Bt10mn for Phuket infrastructure development, Anchalee Vanich Thepabutr announces at the opening of a high-tech kindergarten in Patong.
– Border clashes continue.
– Metal fans go mental in Bangkok.
– Army commander suggest PAD take on Cambodians.
OPINION / EDITORIAL
– Weekly editorial: Why Phuket expats need to donate blood.
– First Person: Why flower prices were through the roof on Valentine’s Day.
– Island View: Why Phuket needs creative branding. By Tim Devlin.
ISSUES & ANSWERS
– When can I visit an inmate at Phuket Prison?
– Why were dangerous weapons on sale at Chalong Temple Fair?
– Dusit International reveals international expansion plan.
– 46 rai of Phuket land goes under the hammer in FIDF auction.
– 3BB Internet service expansion in the Andaman.
LIFE & STYLE
– Kopitiam Restaurant a charming spot in Old Phuket Town.
– Festivals hit the region: A roundup of live music options.
– Film Review: 127 hours: A blockbuster tale of survival.
– Kamala’s Dylan Young dreams of representing Phuket on the F1 circuit.
– Expat gallery: Wil Banks.
– US Navy visits QSI International School.
– Plus: Plan your weekend with “What’s On in Phuket and our pull-out Events Calendar. Read your weekly horoscope and do our weekly crossword puzzle.
– Street of dreams: Bt60mn property development coming to Patong’s Soi Bangla.
– Property Watch: Analyst Bill Barnett calls for more sophistication in real estate sales.
– Sunrise Ocean Villa nears completion in Ao Por.
– Gardening: Patrick Campbell summarizes his ‘Top 20 Phuket Plants’ list.
– Find staff (or find a good job!), rent a moving truck, charter a boat, offload some puppies… there’s something for everyone in the Gazette‘s 10 full pages of Classifieds!
All this and more for just 25 baht at a news stand near you. Not in Phuket? Download the Digital Gazette (the full 48-page newspaper) right here.
Some Bangkok hostels are opening their doors, and offering beds and accommodation to demonstrators, providing…
Another day and another day of confusing news and discussion about the Special Tourist Visa…
Today's latest news and information about Thailand. Like and subscribe to our YouTube channel too.…
A 21 year old South African woman is locked in Thai prison after she allegedly…
Overseas yachts are now allowed to dock in Thailand, but foreign tourists and crew members…
Click to watch the video... https://youtu.be/qF-dgB8iBSM This video provides some background of the protests and…