German man dies of overdose

PATONG: A 49-year-old German man died yesterday of heart failure after swallowing a lethal mixture of vodka and sleeping pills. Pol Maj Pisit Cheanpetch of Kathu Police Station told the Gazette that Patong resident Klaus Werner Blume was found dead in his room at Nanai Happy House, Soi Nanai. The victim’s partner, Noppawan Hemwanta, 24, told police that she returned to the room from work at 8 am yesterday and saw him sleeping in the bedroom. As Mr Blume normally slept late, she did not enter the room or try to wake him. At 11 am, she tried to wake him for lunch but was unable to do so. “K. Noppawan was not sure if he was dead or not, so she called the police and the Bangkok Phuket Hospital. When I arrived, I found the victim lying on the bed. I estimate that he died about five or six hours before I arrived,” Pol Maj Pisit said. K. Noppawan told police that Mr Blume had recently suffered financial losses on his investment in a bar on Soi Easy and in a number of other businesses he had put money into. “I think he was depressed, but I don’t think that he intended to commit suicide,” said Maj Pisit. “He drank vodka with 10 sleeping pills – his body could not take it and his heart failed,” he explained. After undergoing an autopsy at Patong Hospital, Mr Blume’s body was transferred to Laem Petch temple in Patong for cremation.

Phuket News
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Legacy Phuket Gazette

Archiving articles from the Phuket Gazette circa 1998 - 2017. View the Phuket Gazette online archive and Digital Gazette PDF Prints.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply