PHUKET TOWN: A no-name karaoke bar on Soi Si Sena was gutted by fire last night. No one was hurt. Firefighters at Phuket Town Fire Station received an anonymous call at 7:52 pm from a man who said a house was on fire. Believing that lives were in danger, the station dispatched 20 firefighters and three fire engines to deal with the blaze. Firemen took about an hour to bring the fire under control. The blaze caused damage estimated at about 100,000 baht. A fireman at Phuket Town Fire Station, who asked not to be named, said that investigators believe the fire was started either by a short circuit or by a carelessly discarded cigarette.
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.