Pattaya

Pattaya hotel ablaze, guests head for the exits

PHOTO: Channel 3

A fire at a well-known hotel in Pattaya’s Jomtien Beach caused panic in the early hours yesterday as guests were plunged into darkness and corridors began filling with smoke.

The Pattaya police station was alerted that a blaze had broken out at 1.30am at the Grand Jomtien Palace Hotel in Tambon Nong Plue of Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

The fire caused a blackout inside the hotel, which began filling with smoke, panicking hotel guests and prompting many to flee outside on their own.

Fire-fighters evacuated the remaining guests and then took about an hour to put out the blaze inside the power control room on the 12th floor. No injuries were reported.

Police speculate that the fire was caused by a short circuit.

STORY: The Nation

Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.

Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.

Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Thaiger

The Thaiger is Thailand's largest online portal for news, videos and information.

Leave a Reply