Chiang Rai: This afternoon’s media briefing
Snippets from this afternoon’s media briefing:
• Governor says first four boys out of the cave are healthy and remain at hospital
• They have been separated from relative. at this stage to prevent any potential infection
• The boys have asked for Pat Ka Prao – Basil stir fried with rice
• Officer’s radio frequency have now been jammed
• The police ‘chatter’ last night is responsible for mistakes about six having been evacuated
• A drone has been found flying near the operations area.
Soldiers says, “the drone was found not being involved in the operation.”
• Governor says “a lot of rain yesterday but will
not effect the evacation”
• Water inside the cave can be handled at the moment
• Processes are continuing to holes, cracks or crevices that may open up alternate evacuation sites above the cave
• DNP officer says, “water is still being pumped out, even with a lot of rain we can still continue the operation”
• Gov says, “Approximately 11 am we started the second set of evacuations”
• The boys in hospital – their health is stable and manageable.
FILE PHOTO: Nation Multimedia
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.