CHALONG, PHUKET: A 17-year-old student of the British International School died from an accidental electrocution on Christmas Day.
Chalong Police Investigator Boonlert Onklang identified the deceased as Anurak Gottschalk, son of a German photographer and his Thai companion who works as a cook aboard a tour boat.
At about 5:30pm, the boy’s German uncle and a housemaid found Anurak dead in the bathroom of their home in Chalong Village 9.
They went to check on the boy after realizing that he was taking an unusually long shower.
Anurak’s body was covered in electrical burn marks and his hands were still clutching the sprayer when he was discovered.
Rescue workers from the Phuket Ruamjai Kupai Foundation brought the body to Vachira Phuket Hospital, where Anurak was pronounced dead on arrival.
An examination of the body determined cardiac failure resulting from electrical shock as the cause of death.
— Pimwara Choksakulpan
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.