Somjai re-elected Phuket City Mayor
PHUKET: The preliminary vote count inyesterday’s Phuket City Municipality elections show that SomjaiSuwansupana has been re-elected as Phuket City Mayor, with 11,477votes from the 15,786 voters who showed up at the polls.
Ms Somjai, the only candidate in theelection for Phuket City Mayor, received 34.75 per cent of the totalnumber of votes available in the electorate, which is more than theminimum 10 per cent required for a sole candidate to win.
Yesterday marked her third successivewin in being elected Phuket City Mayor.
Ms Somjai’s Khon Noom (Young Turks)party won 21 seats on the Phuket City Council.
The Khon Roon Mai 2555 (New Generation2012) party, led by former Phuket City councilor PhairojRuamphunpong, won three seats.
The preliminary results are as follows:
Ward 1 (6 seats):
- Pairot Ruampanpong, 2,153 votes (NewGeneration 2012)
- Walaipat Ruampanpong, 1,940 votes(New Generation 2012)
- Songwut Hongyok, 1,906 votes (YoungTurks)
- Pornyamon Khanwilaikul 1,886 votes(New Generation 2012)
- Piyawat Rattanachotipong, 1,823votes (Young Turks)
- Yutthachai Limchaisawat, 1,747 votes(Young Turks)
Ward 2 (6 seats):
- Wisut Promthong, 2,331 votes (YoungTurks)
- Pisut Sutthijindawong, 2,200 votes(Young Turks)
- Wiroonporn SaeTun, 2,196 votes (YoungTurks)
- Prasit Jongjiamjai, 2,084 votes (YoungTurks)
- Sommai Nathip, 2,038 votes (YoungTurks)
- Wilai Sanguannam, 1,974 votes (YoungTurks)
Ward 3 (6 seats):
- Nivas Arunrat, 2,754 votes (YoungTurks)
- Somkiat Jiraamornrat, 2,559 votes(Young Turks)
- Narongrit Thavornpaiboonbut, 2,463votes (Young Turks)
- Ananthep Navee, 2,350 votes (YoungTurks)
- Pongsing Na Nakorn, 2,284 votes (YoungTurks)
- Tiansak Suntikayawakul, 2,271 votes(Young Turks)
Ward 4 (6 seats):
- Amnuay Koombaan, 2,321 votes (YoungTurks)
- Niwat Engchuan, 2,268 votes (YoungTurks)
- Nirund Kongtuntikul, 2,239 votes (YoungTurks)
- Nitthakarn Keeratijariyasophol, 2,230votes (Young Turks)
- Chalerm Chankon, 2,185 votes (YoungTurks)
- Thanin Charoenlarb, 2,185 votes (YoungTurks)
In accordance with the Election Act,the Phuket Election Commission now must forward the preliminaryresults to the Election Commission of Thailand’s head office inBangkok for confirmation before Ms Somjai and the other winners inthe election can be installed as mayor and councilors, respectively.
— Kritsada Mueanhawong
Join the conversation and have your say on Thailand news published on The Thaiger.
Thaiger Talk is our new Thaiger Community where you can join the discussion on everything happening in Thailand right now.
Please note that articles are not posted to the forum instantly and can take up to 20 min before being visible. Click for more information and the Thaiger Talk Guidelines.